Group BTS won the Global Recording Artist of the Year award for the second consecutive year in the ‘Global Artist Chart’ at the IFPI for the first time in the world.
IFPI announced on its official website and social media on February 25 that “BTS topped the ‘Global Artist Chart 2021.”
BTS previously tied for second place in 2018 with the ‘Global Artist Chart’ and ranked seventh in 2019.
BTS said in a video, “It is truly an honor to receive the IFPI’s Global Recording Artist of the Year award. We heard that we are the first artist to win the award for the second consecutive year. We are grateful to receive the precious award. Thank you to everyone and ARMY who listened to and cared for BTS’s music.”
“BTS’s amazing success over the past year is evidence of their creativity, efforts, and continued dedication to finding ways to promote their music to the world,” IFPI Chairman Francis Moore said.
“They showed extraordinary global charm by performing in three languages. They achieved the top spot on the Global Artist Chart for the first time for two consecutive years,’ he added.
The ‘Global Artist Chart,’ released annually by IFPI, ranks by summing sales of real albums sold worldwide, digital music downloads, audio, and video stream figures.
You Might Also Like:
- Kpop Idols Born In The ‘Love Month’ February!
- Russia-Ukraine War: What Is Really Going On?
- SM Entertainment Executive Producer Sooman Lee Appointed As KAIST Research Professor
- YOUNITE Unveils Group Prologue Video Featuring Costumes With Symbolic Colors
- BTOB Excites Fans Even More By Releasing The Full Concert Teaser Poster!